Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pig of the Wheeek - Meet Stella!


Stella's Story




Last year Stella was adopted off of Craigslist by her person, Siera Heib. At the time there wasn't the money to buy a guinea pig, so she traded a Nook e-reader for her, despite the wishes of her parents, but everyone quickly fell in love with little Stella.


The reason Stella's owner knew she had to pick her was because Stella had been attacked in her right eye.  The people had two other guinea pigs with her, one of which had scratched her in the eye, and no one had sought medical treatment.  Although Stella's new family didn't have money for the vet, they contacted their vet and explained to them what was wrong with Stella.  The vet's office advised that she was probably fully blind in the eye, and it has sunken into her eye socket.  


At some point Stella may have surgery, but for now she's doing well despite her loss of vision.  Her eye doesn't bother her at all, and she's treated with eye drops and eye cream most days.  People thinks she's funny, because she keeps her head tilted to focus her eye in the center so she can see better.


Stella's mom says, "I wasn't sure about piggies, because I don't like jumpy animals, but she was completely different.  She has to be the most amazing little trooper I've ever met, and I'm so happy to be her mommy.  She is so sweet and loving.  I could let her sleep with me in my bed, and she would stay there all night.  I'm so blessed to have my sweet little girl.  Thank you for letting me share Stella's story with you! "



No comments:

Post a Comment